BECOME A BEACH WATCH VOLUNTEER SURVEYOR!
TRAINING: MARCH 7 THROUGH APRIL 13, 2024 (Dates vary; Training includes 80 hours of field and classroom sessions; See below for tentative training schedule)
MUST ATTEND ONE ORIENTATION DATE
2024 Orientation Dates: (please attend one of the following)
San Francisco – January 17, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
San Francisco – February 1, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Bodega Bay – February 3, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
TO REGISTER FOR BEACH WATCH ORIENTATION DATE GO TO THIS LINK: Beach Watch Registration
• Identify, count, and photo-document living and dead birds and marine mammals;
• Document human uses of the coast in partnership with MPA Watch; and
• Document and collect oil pollution samples as evidence.
How to become a Beach Watch volunteer:
- Attend one of three orientations to receive program details and application materials;
- Be 18+ years old, able to navigate over uneven terrain;
- Have a passion or interest in coastal ecology and learning;
- Submit application; Space is limited to 25 volunteers;
- Attend all required training, 80 hours of field and classroom instruction;
- Hosted on weekday evenings and weekends in the field; and
- Commit to surveying your beach once every four weeks, for a minimum of one year.
People of all backgrounds and life experiences are welcome and encouraged to apply.
For more information contact: Dru Devlin, email@example.com
(UPDATED NOVEMBER 2023)